How To Save Money On Homeowners Insurance
Question: Is it extremely simple to find affordable home insurance in Florida?
The answer, unfortunately, is probably not one that you want to hear. According to a recent report by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, residents of the state of Florida are now paying an annual premium of approximately $2,000 a year for property insurance. That figure is more than double over the national average of just under $1,000 annually. Additionally, owners of Florida condominiums are paying just over $800 a year, while residents of other states pay half that price.
But do not give up on finding affordable home insurance. With just a little time and effort, you could save hundreds of dollars, perhaps more, by following the below steps.
- Log on to an insurance price scouring website like NationsInsuranceQuote.com
By using a site like this, agents will be able to hunt down the cheapest home insurance available in your area.
- Consider getting a wind mitigation inspection done on your home. This could save you hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars a year in insurance.
- Be sure to let your agent know if you’ve ever, or never, made a claim. Homeowners who never make claims generally see lower rates.
- Ask your agent if there are any discounts available to you. Never be afraid to ask for discounts. Chances are your agent can find some.
- Try bundling your insurance. Combine your home insurance with your auto insurance. This could save you additional money.
- Be sure to alert your agent of any structural upgrades done on your home. This could be the installation of hurricane shutters, a new roof or reinforced doors.
Where You Live: Do you live in the city of Miami? Then you are probably paying a higher rate of insurance than someone living in the suburbs of Orlando. Where you live does make a difference in your home insurance rate. Places with more inclement weather, dangerous climates or distance from oceans or forests could cost you more. In Florida, the general rule of thumb is the closer to the ocean you live, the higher the insurance rates. Most hurricane damage is caused by water, not wind, so keep in mind you’ll be paying more to live on the water.
Though a number of factors that determine your home insurance rates are beyond your control, several strategies will help you find cheap home insurance. You can start using one crucial strategy — shop around — with the online quote tool from NationsInsuranceQuote.com All you have to do is enter some basic information and you will be presented with a number of options from top home insurance companies in your area. And don’t forget to ask for discounts!
Call NationsInsuranceQuote.com Now at (855) 415-5211!